Women Development Cell
B. P. College of Computer Studies has established Women Development Cell (WDC) for Girl Students, Lady Faculties and staff to understand any issues related to women and to make college campus a safe place for them.
The Prime Role of Women Development Cell (WDC) of the College is to deal with any type of problem faced by any Girl, implementation of Women Policy, in general to promote well-being of all Women in the campus.
Objectives of Women Development Cell
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of women students, faculty and staff in the college.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To promote intellectual and cultural activities for overall personality development of student.
- To develop critical thinking ability of Girl students such that it enhances decision-making ability.
- To provide proper guidance to girl students about physical appearance, behavior and physical and mental strength.
- To create legal awareness on specific issues concerning girl students and women.
- To provide career counselling.
- To organize various types of training programs and create awareness about self-employment schemes for the encouragement among girl students and women.
- To enable women to make informed choices in areas like education, employment and health especially reproductive health.
- Promotion, development and dissemination of knowledge regarding the role of girl students and women in the present social context.
- Availability of doctor in emergency.